Colchester County is an incredible place to live. There are so many great places to see and visit. It is here that Beck & Boosh began and where our roots will always remain! In our second edition to “Local Gems” we are sharing our love of a few of the amazing spots around Colchester County.
1) Masstown Market: Masstown Market has truly grown to be a huge provincial landmark and an important part of Colchester County! It recently won the top family destination in West Colchester. We are so lucky that it’s just down the road. You can get all your groceries with the freshest produce, grab some fresh baked goods, stop at the restaurant or the Fish Boat in the Summer (try the sea food chowder, it’s SO good!) browse the unique gift shop (they have a little of every thing!) and end your trip with some delicious ice cream! It’s truly a staple and a spot you HAVE to check out! Oh, and did we mention they sell our HOME shirts?!
2) Sugar Moon Farm: Sugar Moon Farm is a maple farm & also a restaurant! It’s open year round & a great spot to go with the family and friends for the day! They offer a delicious breakfast served all day (pancakes with pure maple syrup – need I say more?), sugar camp tours, hiking trails, and also private parties and seasonal Chef’s Nights! It’s quite the experience and we highly recommend checking it out!
3) The Nook & Cranny: The Nook & Cranny is a great spot where you can go and eat a great meal with local ingredients. They focus on local producers and local Maritime Craft Beers! They recently announced that they will becoming a brew pub as well! Also with the warmer weather, they have a huge outdoor patio that you can sit on and enjoy your meal!
4) NovelTea Bookstore Cafe: Looking for a very welcoming Cafe where you can enjoy a beverage (coffee, latte, peppermint teas, etc) a sweet treat & purchase some books? NovelTea is the place to be! It’s right around the corner from our office and a favourite spot for us to visit!
5) Truro Farmers Market: The Truro Farmer’s Market is officially open for the season and we couldn’t be more excited! Located in the Old Truro Fire Hall, the vendors use both the indoor & outdoor space to set up! You can find everything from fresh veggies, jellies. preserves, baked goodies to beauty products and natural soaps! So many local farmers & artisans set up and their wares at the Market. There is always live music and a little bit of everything for EVERYONE! For a full list of the amazing vendors click HERE
We mentioned in our first Local Gems edition that there are SO many incredible places in Truro and Colchester County as a whole and these are once again just a few more to add to your list of places to visit!
If you have not checked out our first edition of Local Gems please click this link to head on over:
We LOVE where we live and we want to continue spreading the love!
Until the next edition,
xo Janet/Beck & Boosh